ENCINITAS – The San Dieguito Union High School District High School selection window for the 2021-2022 school year will open at 8 a.m. Feb. 11 and will close at 4 p.m. March 1.
Who should submit a high school selection during the window?
1. Students currently attending SDUHSD district schools.
• Grade eight — All SDUHSD eighth-grade students currently residing in the district must select a high school that they wish to attend in the fall of 2021.
• Grades nine to 11 — SDUHSD students currently attending a district high school who wish to change high schools must also make a selection. SDUHSD high school students who do not wish to change and will remain at their current high schools for fall 2021 do not need to make any selections during high school selection and will automatically be re-enrolled in their current school.
2. Students who reside within district boundaries, but do not currently attend SDUHSD schools.
• Grades eight to 11 students who reside within SDUHSD boundaries but who do not currently attend SDUHSD schools, including private and Rancho Santa Fe schools, must make a selection if they plan to attend an SDUHSD high school in the fall of 2021.
• Students must currently reside within SDUHSD district boundaries to participate in high school selection. Parents and students seeking additional information are invited to attend individual high school virtual information nights on:
• Torrey Pines — 6 p.m. Feb. 5
• Canyon Crest Academy — 6 p.m. Feb. 10
• La Costa Canyon — 6 p.m. Feb. 11
• San Dieguito Academy — 6 p.m. Feb. 12
• Sunset Continuation — 6 p.m. Feb. 13
If necessary, a lottery will be held March 10.
It is the intent of the Board of Trustees to provide equitable educational opportunities for all students of the district. In order to maintain an equitable balance in the enrollment at each campus, the Board of Trustees established attendance boundaries for each school in SDUHSD. Boundaries of school attendance areas in the district are as follows:
• La Costa Canyon High School shall include the boundaries of the Encinitas and Cardiff school districts and the area north of Escondido Creek in the Rancho Santa Fe district.
• San Dieguito High School Academy and Canyon Crest Academy shall be open to all district residents in grades 9 to 12 on an equal basis through an open enrollment application process approved by the board. To be eligible to attend SDHSA or CCA, a student must have selected the school during the established high school selection window process.
• Torrey Pines High School shall include the boundaries of the Del Mar, Solana Beach and Rancho Santa Fe School Districts, with the exception of the area north of Escondido Creek in the Rancho Santa Fe School District.
Parents and students are encouraged to follow on Facebook at facebook.com/sduhsd and to check sduhsd.net/Parents–Students/High-School-Selection/index.html for regular updates.