OCEANSIDE — The two-day family friendly Longboard Surfing Club Contest & Beach Festival will be held starting at 6 a.m. Aug. 7 and Aug. 8 at the Oceanside Pier and Amphitheater, 301 The Strand North, Oceanside.
Professional and amateur surfers will compete for bragging rights in the Coalition of Surfing Clubs, including a Pro Invitational titled “King and Queen of the Pier” event Aug. 7. The heats will begin approximately 10 a.m., the finals will conclude around 2 p.m. For a complete schedule of events, visit visitoceanside.org/.
In the Band Shell, just a few paces from the beach, there will be vendors, products or services and live music all day, incuding Hazmatt, Dreadhawk and Student Drivers.
The Aug. 7 schedule includes:
- 6 a.m. Competition starts
- King and Queen of the Pier Pro Event starts 10:50 a.m. with finals at 1 p.m.
- 1:45 p.m. Tandem Finals
- 2 p.m. Coalition Paddle Race
- 5 p.m. A raffle for a custom-shaped Annihilator from Michael Surfboards
- 5:15 p.m. King and Queen of the Pier awards ceremony in the bandshell
- 6 p.m. Doah’s Daydream band jams 6 to 8:30 p.m.
On Aug. 8, there will be:
- 6 a.m. Competition resumes
- 6:45 p.m. Final event heat
- 7:15pm: Awards ceremony, Donald Takayama Surfboard raffle