OCEANSIDE — Treat yourself, and someone you love, to a healthy heart with a Comprehensive Heart Risk assessments. In honor of Heart Health Month, the Cardiovascular Health Institute at Tri-City Medical Center will be offering a two-for-one heart screening throughout the month of February.
Appointments are available now by calling (855) 222-8262.
Recent findings have prompted the American Heart Association and leading researchers to recommend coronary artery calcium screenings as a predictive tool for Cardiac Vascular Disease, since ruptured plaque causes 90 percent of all heart attacks. This screening identifies the location and extent of calcified plaque in the coronary arteries. A screening takes approximately 1.5 hours.
The $225 screening-for-two process includes:
- Computed tomography coronary artery calcium screening
- Lipid profile (total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and glucose)
- Personalized Cardiac Risk Profile
- 45-minute consultation with a cardiac nurse on heart-healthy nutrition and exercise
- 12-lead EKG (electrocardiogram)
- Blood pressure and heart rate
- Body Mass Index (BMI) / Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Physician referral, as needed
- Follow-up phone calls
Tri-City Medical Center was awarded the Gold Mission Lifeline Accreditation from the American Heart Association for its commitment to excellence in heart care. From the moment heart related problems are reported to 911, dispatchers and the emergency room are in direct communication, avoiding the loss of precious minutes and allowing physicians to prepare for any medical interventions needed.
For more details, visit their website.