Jun 05, 2012 •
526 views • 0 comments
Once the sun came out, shoppers filled the vendor areas of the 33rd annual Fiesta Del Sol in Solana Beach. Photo by Daniel Knighton
SOLANA BEACH — The annual Solana Beach celebration Fiesta del Sol, featuring live music, arts & crafts fair, children’s activities, an international food court, and beer and wine garden, has become one of the largest festivals in San Diego County.
The free, two-day event, hosted by the Solana Beach Chamber of Commerce, with the Belly Up and the City of Solana Beach, took place June 2 to June 3 at Fletcher Cove. Some of the bands performing over the weekend included The English Beat, The Kingsmen and Nena Anderson & The Mules.
- Solana Beach resident Betty Steele and Cardiff resident Brenda Dizon. The pair are vice president and president respectively of the 101 Main Street Association in Encinitas. Photo by Daniel Knighton
- San Diego resident Cameron Fleming (right) leads a group of Karate students in a demonstration. Photo by Daniel Knighton
- Once the sun came out, shoppers filled the vendor areas of the 33rd annual Fiesta Del Sol in Solana Beach. Photo by Daniel Knighton
- 3-year old Carmel Valley resident Evan Kelly races slot cars in the fun zone. Photo by Daniel Knighton
- 4-S Ranch resident Ashleigh Lin tries out the newest addition to the Fiesta Del Sol, bumper cars! Photo by Daniel Knighton
- 5-year old El Cajon resident Kaiya McKay rocks out on her mom Jaclyn McKay’s shoulders during the band Hi Roots performance at Fiesta Del Sol. Photo by Daniel Knighton
- Guitarist Billy Joe Clements of the band The Grass Heat performs. Photo by Daniel Knighton
Filed Under: News