Fire reported in Fairbanks Ranch

RANCHO SANTA FE — Firefighters from the Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District responded to the report of a house fire in the 17000 block of Calle Mayor in the Fairbanks Ranch area at 4:42 p.m. May 11. Upon arrival on the scene, firefighters could see light smoke coming from the rear of the residential structure. Upon further investigation it was determined that a small fire had begun in the attic of the home. Construction workers on scene were able to extinguish the flames with a garden hose just prior to the firefighters’ arrival. Emergency personnel worked to ensure that the fire had not spread anywhere lese in the structure and was completely out.
The fire caused an estimated $35,000 in damage and was sparked when a propane torch cause metal to overheat, igniting nearby combustibles. The homeowner and two children, along with several construction workers, were at the home when the fire broke out. All were able to safely exit the building and no injuries were reported.

Share

Filed Under: News

Tags:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Leave a Reply




If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a Gravatar.