Gas fire threatens restaurant

RANCHO SANTA FE —Things got a little hot at a local Mexican restaurant about 10 p.m. Aug. 16, as firefighters from Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District responded to the report of a fire at the Los Primos Mexican restaurant in the 16000 block of Dove Canyon Road in the community of 4S Ranch.
Upon arrival, they found a gas line to the deep fryer had ruptured and was shooting a six-foot flame parallel to the floor. Mechanical failure was determined to be the cause of the line break.
Firefighters were able to quickly determine that all occupants had safely evacuated the building, secure the gas line valve and establish that the fire had not spread to other areas of the facility.
Four fire engines, two from the district, and two from San Diego Fire Department, responded to the scene along with an ambulance, Battalion Chief Fred Cox, and Fire Marshal Cliff Hunter. Following his inspection, Hunter instructed the property owner to receive approval from the Health Department prior to reopening for business. No injuries were reported. Damage is estimated to be approximately $2,000.

Share

Filed Under: News

Tags:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Leave a Reply




If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a Gravatar.