A cool coast wedding

At 5:30 p.m. Oct. 19, Janna Roncelli and Rhonda Anderson were married at Stone Steps beach in front of 65 of their closest friends and family members. Sand artist Kirkos was on hand to create a labyrinth in which the couple were married. A reception at Le Papagayo followed the ceremony.

Filed Under: FeaturedNewsRancho Santa Fe FeaturedRancho Santa Fe NewsThe Coast News

1. open-minded says:

I knew the minute I saw the front page that all the foul-mouthed, intolerant, hate-mongers among us would come screaming out. The story was prompted by the labyrinth artist but the timing was perfect. Nice work, Coast News

2. Ann Metzger says:

It was the most thoughtful, “real” wedding I have ever attended. And yes, there were conservative, Republicans amongst us. I am sure this marriage will defy the odds of “real” marriages (over 50% of heterosexual marriages fail).
    I just read all the comments pertaining to this story and I am disgusted by Fr. Ron’s remarks. “When was it ever accepted we as a civilization were accepting of sodomites?” that made me laugh, thanks Fr. Ron. You are welcome to move back to Utah anytime.
    I am sorry you are so unhappy.

3. Emily-a.k.a. Em says:

Rhonda,
    I don’t know if you’ll read this, but your sister sent me this link. Congratulations! I’m so, so thrilled for you. It was great to run into you back home over the 4th – you still have the best laugh I’ve ever heard :) I haven’t met Janna but I’m sure she’s wonderful. Loaf speaks so highly of her. Best wishes to you both. Em

4. shan askin says:

fr don Iam afraid your “Days are numbered “argument does not hold water Through out history there have been homosexuals and we still seem to have Plenty of them thank god!However the days are numbered for bigots like you by the way I was also there and I wish I could have met you congrats janna and rohnda shan

5. jetjet says:

“I knew the minute I saw the front page that all the foul-mouthed, intolerant, hate-mongers among us would come screaming out”

Me too – you’re free to get back in your closet and shut up.

6. Shawna Bergstrom says:

Girls, it was a beautiful, perfect wedding. To the people who are so fearful and close minded..we will pray for you. Janna and Rhonda could teach any of you a thing or two about true love..not just to each other but to every human being they meet. It is so sad that there are people out there who still think they are better than someone else. These ladies would do anything for anyone. They deserve love and happiness. Keep the positive moment girls!!!!

7. Carriann Woog says:

Rhonda & Janna: I met you this summer in Minnesota at Lisa’s house and then again at Target :0) The wedding looks lovely – what great pictures! Lisa had nothing but fabulous things to say about it. Congratulations to you both for finding true love and embracing it! It’s sad that anyone has to take such a beautiful event and say anything negative about it. However, I cannot ignore the ignorant fools that have written negative comments here. My brother and his partner were together for 20+ years. Unfortunately my brother passed away at the young age of 38, 12 years ago. They would have loved the opportunity to be married and have children. They would have been a more loving, devoted couple/parents than a lot of “non-gay” people in this world. Look at the divorce rate and the amount of children that are neglected, abandoned and abused – does it look like “non-gay” people do a better job at being married and raising children? The statistics speak for themselves. This couple is choosibg to live a lifetime together, devoted to each other, with the possibility of having a family – no higher power no matter what religion would look poorly upon that. I believe people like Fr Don & Riggs write these hateful things because they have never had this type of love in their lives and can’t stand to see others that do. I feel VERY sorry for them.

8. Sarah (Cof) says:

Congratulations Rhonda! I just talked to Lisa this week and heard the wonderful news! I am so very happy for you and Janna!! From what I’ve heard, you two are two peas in a pod!! I will never forget that night you were doing cartwheels in the living room at your parent’s house- the hardest I’ve ever laughed in my entire life…still to this day!!