COAST CITIES — Congressman Brian Bilbray issued a statement, conceding the race for the 52nd Congressional District seat to challenger Scott Peters Friday.
In the statement, Bilbray offered his congratulations to Peters in his bid to serve the citizens of the 52nd Congressional District and the people of San Diego.
“While Scott and I differed sharply on how to handle the issues facing our nation, now is the time to put those differences aside and find common ground to address our country’s many challenges,” he added.
Bilbray said he will continue to fight for the issues he believes in and that benefit San Diego. “I look forward to finally having the opportunity to spend time with my family and seven grandkids. I wish Scott and his family the very best in his endeavors.”
- Danon concedes to Roberts; Peters extends lead over Bilbray
- Hilliard endorses Danon for Third District seat
- Lowery narrowly wins council seat, city charter passes
- Solana Beach Councilman Dave Roberts to challenge Brian Bilbray for 50th District Congressional seat
- Issa, Hamilton vie for Congressional seat