OCEANSIDE — Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation’s John Steiger Performing Arts Scholarships are to be presented annually to seniors graduating from high schools in North County, based upon student experience, contributions to their performing arts program, and a teacher recommendation. Application deadline is April 18.
This year’s selected students can receive $750 to $900 to further their arts education. To be considered for this award, candidates must submit a typed one-to two-page only application, which includes the following information:
1. Name, current telephone number, and mailing address
2. High school coursework in the performing arts, including current and completed
3. Additional outside or extracurricular performing arts experience
4. Future educational and career goals
5. How this scholarship would benefit and/or assist you
6. Why this scholarship should be awarded to you
Additionally applicants must include a letter of recommendation from their high school performing arts instructor, and a videotape or DVD of themselves performing. The recording should be no longer than FIVE minutes, and should showcase the candidate’s best efforts. Applicants are asked not to use YouTube as the distortion will not be to their best advantage. Submit Scholarship package to Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, P.O. Box 3054, Oceanside, CA, 92051. For further information, e-mail [email protected]
Be advised that receiving this scholarship might affect eligibility for other sources of financial aid.