VISTA — A readiness hearing set for early next month was postponed for several more months because a prosecutor needs more time to prepare for the case against a woman charged with grand theft and felony vandalism of her repossessed Olivenhain mansion.
May 17 will be the next day in court for Suzy Brown, who allegedly stole more than $1 million in elaborate fixtures from a $13 million house she purchased with investors and fixed up as a luxury rehab facility.
The house was dubbed the “Monster House” and received opposition from neighbors and community members because of its nonresidential use.
The case against Brown was dropped last July due to a technicality.
But then it was re-filed and in September and Brown entered a not guilty plea.
At the Jan. 7 felony readiness hearing, Robert Eacret, San Diego County district attorney on the case, said that since the case was a re-file he needed more time.
“There’s mountains of discovery,” he said.
Brown previously admitted to the theft of the items, which had been returned, according to reports.
Brown said that she removed the doors and light fixtures from the house to protect them from vandalism, and had also prepared a detailed map of how to replace each item.